Home Insurance Planning Quick Reference
Follow these steps to make the insurance claims process as painless as possible.
Take an Inventory of Your Property
• Take photos/videos of your home before a disaster strikes
• Make detailed list of personal property, clothes, jewelry, furniture
• Keep an electronic copy of the inventory
• Place insurance information with inventory information
• Have a safe location for Important documents
Review Your Insurance Coverage
• Review your insurance coverage; exclusions, deductible?
• Understand replacement cost vs actual cash value
• Have you cared for your property to reduce risks to wildland fires?
After The Disaster Strikes
• File your claim as soon as possible
• Cooperate fully with the insurance company
• Take photographs/video of the damage
• Make repairs necessary to prevent further property damage
• Maintain damaged personal property for the adjuster to inspect
Make a Plan